This trek is one of famous easy trekking to explore the beautiful view of Annapurna area, it is suitable for those who have limited time, and it fits for many of the tourist even children. This treks offers spectacular mountain scenery and sunrise view. Ghorepani is a village in Myagdi District in the Dhawalagiri Zone of northern-central Nepal. It lies 17 kilometers from the district capital of Baglung at an elevation of approximately 2874m (9429ft). The village lies within the Annapurna Conservation Area and contains a number of “guest houses” that provide lodging and meals to mountain trekkers, many of whom spend the night before a pre-dawn trek to the top of nearby Poon Hill (3210m/10531 ft) to watch the sunrise.
Poon Hill is the best view point for enjoying the view of Annapurna region such as Round Annapurna, Jomsom, and Annapurna Sanctuary. Except the attractive landscape, you can enjoy many ethnic groups as well. Gurung which is one of the people know as Gurkha soldier lives alone the way place called Gandrung. You also can have good mountains view of Annapurna south Hiuchuli and Mt. Machhapuchhre.
The best season for this trek is Oct to May there are blooming followers on your way, and many smiling faces towards to you on the Pooh Hill facing the amazing sunrise, that’s unforgettable moment that brighten in your lifetime.
Excellent views of Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchchhre and Himalchuli
Exploring the scenic and magnificent beauty of the rich Nature
Traditional Gurung Museum
Unique hill cultures to exploreOutline ItineraryDetailed ItineraryCost DetailsTrip FactsRoute MapTab 3Day 01: Head to Pokhara from Kathmandu.
Day 02: Trek trailhead Nayapul (1070m) to Tikhedhunga (1540m, 4-5 hrs)
Day 03: Trek Tikhedhunga (1540m) to Ghorepani (2850m, 6-7 hrs)
Day 04: Visit Poon Hill (3210m, 1:00 hrs)-trek to Tadapani (2600m, 5-6 hrs)
Day 05: Trek Tadapani (2600m) to Ghandruk (1940m, 4-5 hrs)
Day 06: Trek Ghandruk (1940m) to Landruk/Tolka (1565m, 4-5hrs)
Day 07: Trek Landruk/Tolka (1565m) to Dhampus (1650m, 4-5hrs)
Day 08: Trek Dhampus (1650m) to Phedi (950m, 2-3 hrs) and drive to PokharaTab 2 content
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Annapurna) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
Area: Annapurna Region
- International airfares
- International airport departure tax.
- Trekking equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Best season: February, March, April, May, October, November, December
Per day walking: 5-6 hours in average
Type of trek: Tea house
General Duration: 8 days
Maximum Altitude: 3806 mTab 3 content
- Note: If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.